Sunday, September 14, 2008

Today @ Church

Tony came home at 8:00 am from his early meetings (we're talking 5:30 am meetings!!) to help me dress the girls. I had an 8:15 am appointment w/the Bishop - who called me to be the Activities Chairman - and although I was 15 minutes late for the appointment, I would have been much later if Tony wasn't home to help. Tony choose THE cutest dresses for Rebecca & Mary-Gail - he even put on their silky panties and bobby-socks. They are so lucky to have such a good and attentive Daddy, and I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and partner.

When we arrived at church, Rebecca saw a painting of Jesus hanging on the wall in the foyer, pointed to Him, and said, "Jesus" and Mary-Gail echoed, "Jesus." Their little voices flood me with emotion each time they say "Jesus." Mary-Gail heard the organist playing the songs to be sung during Sacrament meeting and ran into the chapel, then stopped and started doing an impromptu dance of deep-knee squats, jumps, and random arm movements all while she was saying "dance." She & Rebecca were super during Sacrament meeting and entertained themselves with their books and quiet toys. Mary-Gail then realized that her socks helped her slide (which she loves to do), so she slid from a standing position on the pew, to a sitting position. Each time saying, "Weeee!" That lasted about 3 times before I nipped it. Such innocence and delight in simple things. I love my little girls!

2 comments:

Spence and Car said...

manda i'm lovin it! i remember the last time we went to church with you guys and mary-gail kept saying hi! to jack on the stand. i'm glad that you take them to church it must be hard but you can tell they love it.

Jessica said...

What a fun church day! Yesterday was only the SECOND time in ONE year that Jamie and I survived an entire three hour session of church. We were all exhausted by the end. How do people do it?

Activities! I think you will bring great energy to that calling. I hated it.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007