Monday, September 8, 2008

Change?

That is exactly what my girls are doing - Changing!! Their little voices and words are becoming more mature (boo-hoo) and they're copying Tony & my actions daily. Get this...

Yesterday Rebecca pulled a diaper out of Joanna's diaper bag (JoJo was over visiting and helping me hang a few things). Rebecca laid on the floor and said, "Change?" while she signed it and held the diaper up. Can you believe that??? Rebecca & Mary-Gail also sign potty when they go poo-poos (make the letter "T" with your hand and shake it a little bit). Whomever is NOT going potty (me, Tony, and either one of the girls) make exaggerated grunting noises to help reinforce going potty. It's silly, I know, but it is working. I'm not sure we're completely reading to potty train. I've read that most kids potty train between 2 1/2 and 3 years old, although there are those that are quicker to do so. I think I'll get a kids potty and let the girls practice sitting on it before we take the next step.

P.S. Joanna's little boy, Cy, (or "baby Cy-Cy" as our girls lovingly refer to him) goes #2 on the big potty. It won't be long before he's fully potty trained.

1 comment:

Spence and Car said...

i wish i could have read that on jo's blog. your girls are amazing! they are so smart, it makes it hard for the rest of us cause your girls are setting the bar pretty high.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007