Saturday, September 20, 2008

A night in harmony

Last night we sat in Carly's living room with all the babies and had quiet time. Jed was as softball, Spencer had gone back to school for studying, and Dad was feeding Taylor her bottle. JoJo, me, and CarCar had dressed the kidlets in their PJ's and we just finished reading our stories. JoJo said Aunt Amanda is going to sing our bedtime songs.

I started singing the songs I normally sing to Rebecca & Mary-Gail. JoJo began singing and then CarCar joined in. Can I tell you that the a'Capella music was the most beautiful music I'd heard. All our voices were a fluid note with some high and low tones. The kids were the most quiet while we sang, and a spirit of peace & love filled CarCar's house. The 1st song we sang was "My Heavenly Father Loves Me:"

Whenever I hear a song of a bird,
Or look at the blue, blue sky;
Whenever I feel the rain on my face,
Or the wind as it rushes by.
Whenever I touch a velvet rose,
Or walk by a lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world,
Heavenly Father created for me.
***********************
He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart
I thank him reverently;
For all his creations of which I'm a part,
Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

This has been one of my most favorite Children's songs and I love singing it to the girls. I would sing it to them while they were in the NICU, and my throat would always cut off during the 2nd verse. Sometimes the picture Tony & I would see as we entered the NICU was so fretful, that I had to cling to any sign of hope. Sometimes I wondered if Heavenly Father knew what was going on. This song gave me hope, peace, and comfort during those tumultuous months, and seemed to calm the girls too. I came to understand (again) that Yes, Heavenly Father does love me.

2 comments:

The Brown's said...

That was sweet Manda! I am glad that you all got to go see Carcar. I know she has missed you all like crazy. I hope you have a great time!

Jessica said...

I wish I could hear you sing that song...it's one of my favorites too.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007