Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Spanish Fork Cannery




I went with Jo & Jed, and members of their ward, to the Spanish Fork Cannery on Wed, August 27th. We spent about 3 hours canning beans, rice, sugar, potato flakes, dry milk, apple slices, flour, wheat, oats, you name it! I enjoyed working with JoJo as we prepared boxes for the #10 cans, labeled the boxes, and fulfilled the orders from those who were there canning. Everyone was happy that Jed was there; he was in charge of filling the cans, and getting the sacks of food down from the shelves, and loading everyone's fulfilled boxes in their vans/trunks. Basically, Jed was the muscle behind the whole operation that morning.

The man holding the fly-swatter (2nd to last picture) was upset with me because my order sheet was messy (I kept changing what I wanted and how many I wanted) and he got flustered on the register and took it out on me. Old people - Bless their little hearts :)

1 comment:

Spence and Car said...

hey i'm so glad you found your camera. so i have to ask how did jed get to go...thats a little silly did he get the sign up in relief society too???

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007