Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rest little ones

Rebecca & Mary-Gail have been sick this week. Rebecca came down with a cough (barking dog cough) and fever. She's feeling better now, but she looked at me and said, "Sick, Mommy. Sick." I know baby - I'm so sorry you're sick. Mary-Gail got the cough & fever Wednesday night. She's been down right miserable! Baby Becs said to me," Sister sick." Yes, little one, sister is sick.

They're both asleep now. An hour and a half past their bedtime. Mary-Gail is still barking. I have to watch her closely as she gags herself and throws up. Last night we spent it downstairs in the guest bedroom to give Rebecca and Tony some reprieve from her coughing and crying. Mary-Gail slept on my chest and sucked her thumb. I'm glad she got some sleep. I'm guessing tonight will be a repeat of last night; the humidifier, saline drops, and drugs provide little relief to my baby girl. She just needs to sleep, and I'll do what I need to to help her sleep.

1 comment:

The Brown's said...

I am sorry to hear that the little people are sick. Please let me know if there is anything I can do!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007