Sunday, September 14, 2008

Super Man & Super Woman

My Dad is SuperMan. And my sister, JoJo, is Super Woman. They have been training for the St. George marathon and I've been tagging along as their "water girl."

Dad picks me up at "O Dark Hundred" on Saturdays and we drive to Springville to get JoJo. They run up Cardiac Hill near JoJo's house (it's got a killer incline - similar to 9% incline on a treadmill) and THEN they start their run. Last week they ran 23 miles; the week previous they ran 18 miles; the week before that they ran through Hobble Creek Canyon (CarCar was on that run - the last run as a team in UTAH); and yesterday Dad & Jo ran 12.5 miles from Springville to Provo. Don't worry - Dad made sure there were several hills and would sprint UP THE HILL. I kept telling him I'm no Lance Armstrong, and a couple times I had to get off the bike and walk up the hill that he and Jo were running up. Incredible.
Hobble Creek Canyon (before the "fun" began);
Me & Reese cheering for Pappy, CarCar, & mommy
(Thanks Spencer for dropping the car off, for biking up the canyon and
meeting us as we came down, and for taking these pics)

*********************************************************************************
Eventhough I'm just their water girl biking along with them, I don't know how they do it. How do they keep their legs moving? How do they keep talking while they are running? How can they run for 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours? I think they're ridiculous to run for that long, but they keep the endorphines coming and keep going. (Confession: I didn't bike with them the whole 23 mile run - I took off and found some yard sales and then met them with only 3 miles to go. I'm a slacker, I know).

There are only 2 Saturdays left before St. George. I am committed to carrying their water, gatorade, sweat cloths (as long as they don't touch me) and anything else Dad & Jo need. Each time I climb on the bike, I wonder how I biked 25 miles at the Burley, Idaho Tri and scored 3rd place with my sisters. Now, THAT WAS FUN!!!

Here's to SuperMan & SuperWoman - YOU ROCK!!
I begged for a picture with the "Supers."
This is us at O Dark Hundred - gearing up for the run yesterday

2 comments:

Spence and Car said...

so so glad that you found your camera..so when you gonna up date jos blog again...lookin forward to it.

Jessica said...

How does a new mom run so much? My wee ones are a year old and I haven't 'found' the time to exercise beyond dead lifting Soren out of the crib. Amazing. You are such a sweet, supportive, and amazing daughter/sister/friend. I miss you.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007