Friday, July 17, 2009

Our Family Date

I really look forward to Friday. It's my date-night with Lovey. Lovey & I really try not to skip a date with each other, and tonight being no exception (even though our babysitter is at Youth Conference) we decided to have a Family Date Night and go see a matinee. I held Lovey's hand and Becca's hand; Lovey held my hand & Miguel's hand, and we took our Kemp Kuties to see the movie "UP." This was their 2nd movie at a showhouse (Mom & I took the girls to see "Hairspray" 2 years ago). Becca & Miguel did fantastic! When the Cinderella Castle appeared with Tinkerbell sprinkling fairy dust across the top, Miguel shouted, "Walt Dis-en-y!" And then when the Pixar light hopped across the screen and jumped up & down on the "I" in Pixar, Becca said, "Hop, hop, hop, hop, HOP!" (Can you tell that's what we do when we watch the few Disney/Pixar shows we own @ home?)

The showhouse was nearly vacant: just us and 3 other families in the entire theater. We got front-row-Joe seats (I'm sure the girls will be quoting that line again), and settled in to watch the short animated film prior to "UP"'s showing. When the screen went black, Mary-Gail said, "New movie coming, Mommy. New one coming." Such a bright little girl.

Lovey & I mused over our sweet littles and their excitement, surprise, sadness, and happiness during the 1 1/2 hour show. I was bawling after the first 10 minutes of the show, and Becca was a bit worried about me. "You OK? You alright? Don't cry Mommy, Don't cry." I had to wipe a tear from my eyes for her tender cares for me.

(Becca saved her melt-down for after the show)
I packed red & black licorice for the show, and handed Lovey a bag to share with Miguel. Miguel ate the whole bag (6 pieces) and didn't share a single piece with Tony! On the opposite extreme, Becca ate only one piece, while I ate all the rest! The show let out around 1:15 pm (we saw the matinee), and we knew meltdowns were imminent if we didn't get nourishment & naps for our littles.
Me: "Mary-Gail, what do you have all over your face?"
Mary-Gail: "Licorice"
She truly does say her "L's" - they're not "Y's" like most toddler's - blows my mind
"Cheese!"
"Cheese" is automatic when they see I have a camera
Mary-Gail being coy; Mary-Gail showing me her "grumpy face." I'll take both!
Becca trying to such her thumb - not happening girl!
I planned the first part of our Family Date. Lovey is in charge of the 2nd part. Wonder what we'll do when the girls get up from their nap. I love Family Dates!

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007