Thursday, July 2, 2009

Formerly Phread

Formerly Phread, a real, true-life mom saying it how it is. I first met Jenny two years ago - this week - at my in-laws house. My bro & sis-in-law, Jack & Carol, were having a cook-out & a "Cul-de-sac of Fire" fireworks show. I hadn't met a lot of people in the neighborhood since I was on bedrest two months after Lovey & I moved in. And I didn't make any effort to meet anyone after the girls were born or after they came home from the hospital - not my top priority, if you know what I mean. So Lovey & I waltzed down to Jack & Carol's house with the girls in tow, eagar to meet some people at the cook out.

I remember seeing Jenny at a Young Women's recognition awards night prior to me being on bedrest. Jenny was the YW Pres, prego w/#4, and had three adorable daughters w/Shirley Temple ringlet-hair (natural, of course). Jenny had a great headband on, and I thought to myself - what a great hair accessory!

So when Jenny introduced herself to me that night two years ago, I made a fool of myself - the girl with the cool hair accessory was talking to me! I found out that Jenny grew up in NY, played in a band, moved to Utah on not much more than a whim, and here she is. We chatted through bites of food and her managing her little munchkins and their incessant requests - baby number 5 was still in heaven.

Formerly Phread is a blog to be read. Jenny has recently completed two triathlons! Her most recent post speaks about Body & Balance. In particular, she highlights her newest trainer John (the other 2 trainers she'd been "working" with weren't working out). Formerly Phread - read it!

P.S. I first got hooked to Jenny's blog when I saw this post - crazy! I came to find out that Jenny wasn't kidding when I watched her 3 youngest - including the 2yr old whom she is referring to in that post.

2 comments:

~j. said...

You're so nice, Amanda! I remember being intimidated because I was so hopeful that we would be friends... you know that nervous/excited feeling. Any way, thanks for the nice words! And, I wonder what that headband was! (ps -- don't want to take credit, I wasn't the YW Pres, but I did get to be the Laurel Advisor.)

Jessica said...

I took a few grad classes with her husband--super nice guy.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007