Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July party @ Mom's - Food

I love a good cook-out (it's not a barbeque unless you have a pit and you're roasting a pig - according to my Southern husband). Mom provided the hamburgers & hot dogs, and everyone else brought a side dish. There was a lot of food, and it tasted sooo good. Something about flame-cooked food. Delicious!

Lovey manned the grill
Mary-Gail curled up in her Tickah and cradled the cement steps.
She does this at home too - just plops down with Tickah where ever, when ever.
Hangin' out on the picnic table. Georgia & McKena discussing something
Pam & Jo watch "the Littles." JoJo just came from the 10K run @ the Freedom Festival Parade. She is one awesome, tough, girl!
Cheers JoJo!
JoJo made patriotic jello - blue & red jello with Reddi Whip on top. (mmm, I love Reddi Whip)
This girl can eat...when she wants to, and if it's loaded with sugar
Mary-Gail loved the jello, and went from plate-to-plate eating the jello. Kristie & Madi made "Uncle Sam" upside down ice cream cones too. Can you see it in the picture?
And... JoJo & Mom truly did surprise me with a birthday cake - a cheesecake (my favorite) - and they even put a sparkler on top! Everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to me, and the kids tried to guess my age. Someone said I was 38!! (Thanks a lot Madi). The best guess was Reese who said I was 22. (I feel like I'm 27, but hey, if I look 22 then that's good too). Well, here's to being 32 years young. Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Kellie Knapp said...

girl you look AMAZING! like, seriously hot... high five and happy birthday to one of the most amazing mom's and people I've EVER met!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007