Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cul-de-sac 'O Fire

My neighborhood usually has a grill-out/potluck and fireworks show for the 4th of July. This year was no different - a family next to us hosted the grill-out (bring your own meat) and everyone brought some fireworks to share. Lovey & I took our girls down around 8:00 pm, mingled with neighbors & friends from the ward, and watched the fireworks go off. I brought the cupcakes Jo gave me from our family party earlier today, and made white-chocolate dipped strawberries sprinkled in blue. They were so festive! (Thanks, Lori, for the idea & picture. And for letting me copy you!)

Lovey almost killed all of us when he lit a firework and inadvertently stood it upside down. I am sooo grateful no one got hurt!
Yummy treats to share
Rebecca, Isaac, Don't know, Amy, & Mary-Gail
Neighborhood kids lined up. Little pyros
Daddy & Miguel
Mary-Gail selected the firework she wanted
Brothers
My Lovey is on the left :O)
Let's start the fireworks already!
Mary-Gail and her "Second Dinner" - chips

1 comment:

Lori said...

How fun! Your strawberries are beautiful...

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007