Sunday, November 7, 2010

A boyfriend/girlfriend weekend

Lovey took me away this weekend for a boyfriend girlfriend getaway. We left Becca & Mary-Gail in our niece, Amy's, very capable hands, and headed up to Park City Friday evening. Becca & Mary-Gail were ridiculously excited when they heard AmyCakes was going to sleep-over and play with them all weekend long; I recall Becca's exact words were, "Oh yeah! It's gonna be so much fun!" And Mary-Gail said, "Have fun on your date night."

We did have fun. We ate supper at the pub at the top of Main Street. Lovey had the buffalo burger, and I was craving the fish'n'chips. Neither of the dishes disappointed. We checked into the Marriott, I unpacked us (I don't like "living" out of a suitcase no matter how short the stay), and we snuggled in for a late-night movie.

Saturday started off especially wonderful because we slept in! I did feel a tiny ping of guilt after realizing that I was grateful to be alone with Lovey for the whole weekend - sans kids and dogs - but that "ping" was short lived. We got ready for the day, ate a late breakfast, and then headed to the outlets for some shopping. Lovey & I picked up some much needed clothes for Becca & Mary-Gail (i.e. pants! The girls are growing so tall that all their pants are floods!), and then Lovey made a fatal announcement: he wanted to go to Banana Republic.

We (I) spent the next 2 hours shopping in Banana. Lovey gasped when he saw my arms loaded with clothes, and warned me that the limit in the dressing room was 5. Whatever! I pulled him into the dressing room with me, and gave him his assignment: to remove the clothes from the hanger and then re-hang the clothes after I tried them on. (That's what my mom, sisters, & I do when we go shopping together, and now Lovey was in charge of that responsibility). Lovey was remarkable, and remarkably patient! And so full of complements as well as a few criticisms of the clothes I tried on. I nearly kissed him (actually I did) after I tried on each item! He made me/makes me feel like a million bucks.

And that's about how much money I spent in Banana Republic. I bought serveral shirts, sweaters, and a dress. The pants were awkward and the only style that fits my curves well is the "Jackson Fit" and there weren't very many pants in that style. I mean, really, I have like a 6 pairs of black slacks already - I seriously don't need another one (that's what Lovey reminded me when I tried on another pair of black slacks). Plus, Lovey said that after my surgery things will fit differently so we should wait and come back...I don't know if I want to come back after my surgery...

Nevermind that; here's to a fabulous weekend with my boyfriend. Thank you Lovey. And thank you for continuing this annual tradition of getaways! (October 2007; December 2008 PC; June 2009 PC)

Clothes for Becca & Mary-Gail: 2 hoodies, 2 dress shirts, 4 pairs of jeans, 2 leggins w/lace, 4 long-sleeved shirts, and a 1o-pack of socks! Whew!

My loot: Lovey took me to Banana Republic and let me run wild...
Becca gives the BEST responses: Oh my goodness! For me? I love it!
Lovey couldn't wait until Becca & Mary-Gail's birthday to give them the clothes he picked out: the jeans and hoodies. And Becca & Mary-Gail were so excited to get a present from Daddy.
Isn't he (and our girls) just the cutest ever?

2 comments:

Spence and Car said...

so glad you got away...and sleeping in oh you deserve it. i love banana...its well worth the drive to pc just for that. and of course i always have to stop at jakes over the top shakes for my fedish of ice cream!! so excited to see you in 7days!!

Visit Park City said...

Thanks for coming! We are glad you all had so much fun. Share your experience with others when you become a fan of Park City on Facebook, www.facebook.com/parkcityUT.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007