Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thanksgiving Point with the girls

Saturday, October 9th, Lovey & I surprised the girls with a trip to the Big Red Barn at Thanksgiving Point. When I told Mary-Gail and Becca that we were going to get to see the horses and maybe even get to ride on them, Becca said, "Oh Boy!" and Mary-Gail jumped into her all-time favorite conversation of "When I was a ..."
"When I was a baby horse, you were a mommy horse and I said 'neigh'." Anything that Mary-Gail loves can be substituted in the above sentence. Spiders, kitties, doggies, dolphins, basically anything that's an animal. I have her cousin, Travis, to thank for that. Mary-Gail adored Travis and all his pets (snakes, lizards, bugs). Thanks Travi!
Saturday was coooold, and since I foolishly left Becca & Mary-Gail's jackets at school, I had to scrounge to find something warm for them to wear. Luckily their size 2T sweaters from 2 years ago still fit. (Sometimes it pays to be a preemie). Right off Mary-Gail saw the witch cut-out and started in about how she was going to be a baby witch and I was going to be a mommy witch, and Becca overheard Mary-Gail and thought Mary-Gail wanted Becca to be a baby witch too, but Becca didn't want to be a baby witch, she wanted to be a princess, and then the two of them started arguing about what they were going to be for Halloween, which was 3 weeks away...you'd never know the girls were arguing based on these pictures
Hello little witches
Same facial expressions in these two pics



Mary-Gail and Becca loved these ducks. They thought these ducks were the ducks we always feed, but when I told them that "our" ducks lived by Aunt JoJo in Springville, Becca said, "I know Mom. They just flied here."
And this goose kept squawking at me as if he were saying, "Yeah, A-man-Dah. We just flew here."
These geese were funny, standing on one leg. I think they were Chinese Geese...?


Oh, Mary-Gail loves, loves, loves horses!
Oh no! The twins are in jail!
Hello, Mr. Foo-Foo head chicken
Feeding time for the goats...the big goats kept picking on the little goats - mean
This little goat left the pack and sauntered over to Becca & Mary-Gail. It wasn't long before he figured out that he had two personal feeders

Mary-Gail & Becca scooped up the remaining loose hay for the lone, little goat
All done. Time to get a pony ride (the second of the day)
Hello little Miss Sassy-Pants
Hello little Miss Shyness
Becca rode the little pony that had one brown eye and one blue eye "just like me and Mary-Gail," said Becca
This little girl was in heaven! She got to ride on the big horses each time
Look at Rebecca & Mary-Gail's electric eyes! So beautiful
I was trying to get the girls' attention for this picture. I told them I had a giant spider on my shoulder, which is why Mary-Gail has the stone-cold-frozen look on her face in the 2nd pic. Rebecca stalled for just a moment, but wasn't fazed (she's used to this trick). I can't "cry wolf" with Becca anymore.
All in all it was a fabulous outing to Thanksgiving Point. I loved hearing the girls ramble on and on (mostly Mary-Gail) about the animals and what they were eating and how when they were baby goats/horses/cows/chickens they liked to eat that too. Oh my, the minds of my 3 3/4 year olds never stop working.

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007