Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Funeral at 2

Last Thursday, November 4th, I went to my childhood neighbor's funeral. Lola Robinett, 88 years old. When Lola passed, her cousins called upon the Bishop to help with the funeral services. Bishop knew he could count on the Brown Family to help: Dad gave Lola's eulogy, Josh spoke,and I said the closing prayer.

Attending Lola's funeral brought a flood of emotions that I wasn't ready to deal with. Mortality, accountability, for my time here on earth, stewardship over what I have and have been blessed with, and other thoughts flooded my mind, and as I offered the closing prayer, my eyes were flooding and I was struggling - for me. The first part of October I was diagnosed with Adenocarcinoma, stage 1B cancer.

7 comments:

Jillian said...

Oh, Amanda! I am so sorry to hear that! My heart is aching for you guys. I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

ash & diz said...

Amanda-I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I'll keep you and your fam in my thoughts and prayers. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to ask!

Spence and Car said...

i felt really sad about lola too. it was weird to hear that she passed...she's always just been around. i was glad to hear that you guys helped out with funeral. and i'm sorry about your horribel diagnosis with cancer. you are so brave and words can't say how much i love you and how amazing you have been through all of this!

~j. said...

Amanda, I'm so sorry. I'm here to help. If you need the girls to come over & play so you can rest, or if you need some company, just say the word.

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

thinking about you and yours...*cami

Melissa said...

I want you to know something...I have never stopped thinking of you and your family! I love you as a cousin and a friend! I love reading about you and your family! You are such an amazing Mom and person! I miss you...sending hugs through the net...praying for you and your health! I am always here for you! Please tell your family that I feel so happy for all of their successes I read about on your blog. I love your sweet little twinners! They are miraculous rays of light! XOXO :)

Amberlyn said...

I just passed you on the road the other day in Provo! I think I see your husband more then I get to see you.

My heart is aching for you. My prayers are with you and hope your surgery goes well.

***HUGS***

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007