Tuesday, November 2, 2010

While I vacuum...

...they read. Vacuuming is my favorite chore - can it really even be called a chore if I enjoy it so much? Anyone who has a Dyson knows what I'm talking about. We've had our Dyson since our days in Charleston, SC, and the vacuum still works. That's amazing! I did have to have it serviced and have the temperature gauge replaced last year though; the repair man said I vacuumed for too long of a stretch of time. Clearly he doesn't understand the joy of having thoroughly clean and sucked-up carpets.

Enough about my vacuuming obsession and my Dyson - this post is about Becca & Mary-Gail. While I vacuum, they read. This day Mary-Gail chose to read, Snow White. She was so entertaining that I snatched the camera and snapped away. Mary-Gail was telling the story, and Becca was filling in the missing pieces, "No, no, Mary-Gail. You forgot about the Huntsman." Mary-Gail wanted to cut to the part with the Wicked Queen in disguise as the "old peddler woman" (can you believe they wanted me to be the "old peddler woman" for Halloween - what?!). We read this story all the time and I still get a kick out of watching their expressions when Snow White takes a bite of the poisoned apple and falls in a deep sleep - or dead, according to Rebecca..."and only true loves kiss will break the spell."






1 comment:

Ann said...

I LOVE the furniture on the bed. It took me a minute to figure out where the girls were sitting. Oh, and I also love Mary-Gail sucking her thumb while sitting in her panties reading. Some days I get so obsessed with reading that all else takes the back seat. Who needs clothes anyway?!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007