Saturday, November 27, 2010

Becca & Mary-Gail's mini 5-day vacation

My family is amazing! I have a freezer full of frozen meals, my addiction to Diet Coke was met (thank you DarDar, JoJo, & CarCar), My sis-in-law, Pam, has offered to help me put op my Christmas stuff, and my two little girls have recently returned from a fabulous 5-day "vacation" @ Mommy Arlynne's house.

Aunt Carol arranged for Becca & Mary-Gail to stay with Mommy Arlynne for 5 days (Friday - Tuesday) so I could have a little more time to recover after getting discharged from the hospital (plus Carol understood that I was struggling with how to care for Becca & Mary-Gail once I got home). Uncle Jack picked up the girls bright and early Friday morning (11/19) at 8:15am. Becca & Mary-Gail were so excited to ride up to SLC w/Uncle Jack (Mary-Gail thought they were going Trick'o'Treating at Uncle Jack's work again!). Uncle Jack dropped them off at Mommy Arlynne's house, and there they stayed through Tuesday afternoon (11/23).

Becca & Mary-Gail called me every night before bedtime. They asked questions like, "Are you getting better Mommy?" "Why do you have owies on your stomach?" And my sweet little Mary-Gail was missing me so much - she lingered on the phone with tons of "I love you Mommy." Mommy Arlynne sent me pictures and cute messages every night too, which I attached below. Mommy Arlynne has watched our girls for us before: in January 2008 when Lovey & I went on our cruise. And that's when "Auntie Arlynne" turned into "Mommy Arlynne." Mommy Arlynne was absolutely thrilled to have our girls for the weekend! And I was thrilled when they came home Tuesday. I kept telling Lovey, "Look at them! They are so tall! They've grown so much!"

And a huge shout-out to my family, friends, and church members who have served us these past 10 days. I appreciate all the phone calls, e-mails, drop-ins, treats, and my family appreciates all the meals. They have been wonderful!

My two angels going to church w/Mommy Arlyne and family. Joe helped Mary-Gail get her jacket on & zipped up. Can you tell it's on inside-out?
I didn't notice either until Arlyne told me. Do you know how hard it is to zip up a jacket inside-out?


Friday afternoon, November 19th.
Mary-Gail and Becca /Joe sandwiched between them during quiet time


Sam reading to Becca & Mary-Gail before bedtime

Mary-Gail and Joe; Sam & Becca.
The boys were more than happy to share their room with the girls.
Mommy Arlynne's text said it only took them 20 minutes to quiet down and fall asleep too. Amazing!
Becca & Mary-Gail slept toe-to-toe. They loved the bunk beds
Welcome home Rebecca & Mary-Gail; You were missed!

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007