Thursday, May 28, 2009

Grandma - look @ what book I'm reading now!

Yes, it's the dictionary.

Rebecca was reading "Vocabulary Builder," but wouldn't hold still for me to get a picture. Instead she said to me (as she was running away), "No - too bad!" What a little turkey!!!

P.S. Aren't parents supposed to be smarter than their children for at least a few more years??? Mary-Gail & Rebecca turned 2 1/2 years old yesterday!!! What am I going to do when Mary-Gail asks me the definition of a word that I can't even pronounce, let alone properly use in a sentence?

1 comment:

No Big Dill said...

Your kids can sew on buttons?! Divine likes to take scraps of fabric and odd buttons and sew little creations. This summer, though, we're going to make her a dress. She's drawn a picture of what she wants it to look like and then she picked out fabric and ribbon from my "stash".

They have fun lace-up cards these days (or you can make your own) for your girls to practice going in and out on the correct side. Then you could move onto letting them draw a simple animal on fabric with some fabric marker, cut it out and sew it around the edges to stuff and make into their own little stuffed animal. You can let them add buttons, bows, etc to decorate it. I wouldn't invest in a child's sewing machine, though. My mom-in-law bought one for Divine and it was just junk. If you want one that will last for years, definitely go with a Bernina.

I'd love to hear what you decide to do with them! Keep me posted!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007