Monday, May 25, 2009

NICU Reunion

Saturday, May 16th, Rebecca & Mary-Gail went to a party - the NICU Graduation party. This was our 3rd time attending the celebration. These pictures bring back a flood of memories & emotions. Rebecca & Mary-Gail came home (finally) on February 16, 2007, after spending 3 months living in the NICU. Their 1st NICU party was June 2007. Mary-Gail's oxygen & apnea/bradia monitors had been DC'd the previous month, so we didn't have to lug the O2 tank/backpack with us or the monitors. What a relief (for her and us)!

THEN... June 2007
Annie Miller, our Occupational Therapist (fabulous!!); Tony; Lori, the Parent Support Coordinator (I now volunteer w/her on Tuesday nights) w/Rebecca; and Me w/Mary-Gail
Me, Mary-Gail, Emily (one of our favorite NICU nurses) w/Rebecca,
and Pam (our other favorite NICU nurse)
Can you believe my girls were "chunky" (relatively speaking)
Pam, our other favorite NICU nurse, holding Mary-Gail
(2008 - brought camera, but forgot to take pictures. UGH!)
NOW... May 16, 2009
One of the NICU nurses, Trudy, commented that my girl's smile just
like me - they show all of their teeth. Too bad neither of the girls are smiling in this pic.
I remember telling our Pediatrician to put a feeding tube back in Mary-Gail. The child just wouldn't eat! Now, she shovels the food into her mouth (some of the time)
Pam - our most wonderful NICU nurse!!
(Emily moved to DC in 2007 and is a NICU @ a hospital there)
Rebecca & Mary-Gail's first snow cones + Daddy
Rebecca's lollipop had a red dot on the bottom of the stick... so
she won an inflatable ball
Mary-Gail's lollipop didn't have a dot, but she didn't care - she just
wanted her sucker: "Miguel's sucker!"
Mary-Gail jumping in puddles. The child is drawn to anything that will get her dirty!
Lori always does a fabulous job at decorating and ensuring games, food, and adventures are available for everyone at any ability level. I was able to help set up some of the decorations last year (it was an outdoor/camping theme - so cute!) and this year I helped set up again. I really enjoy spending my Tuesday nights (when I can & when Tony comes home from Bishopric meeting @ a reasonable hour) volunteering w/Lori. There is something about continuing the connection with the NICU & encouraging other parents (especially parents of twins!).

4 comments:

Corina said...

Brings back a flood of memories for me looking at this post. Wish I could have been there. I miss volunteering with you guys!! You're girls are adorable! You have such a contagious smile, so thanks for smiling! Hopefully you remember who I am. I used to volunteer with Lori as well. Thanks for giving me input on my bed rest situation. You're awesome!

Jessica said...

What an exciting reunion! You are such a great mom and doing such a wonderful job with your beautiful girls. You are looking so HOT!

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

I was bummed we couldn't make it this year, hope to see you there next year! :)

Scott and Jillian said...

We loved Annie! And Lori is so awesome!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007