Saturday, May 16, 2009

Jessica's visit

My beautiful friends, Jessica & Ashley, came to play at my house on Thursday! Jessica & husband, plus their two handsome twin boys, were visiting from DC for the week, so Ashley & I planned a little get-together for us. I can't remember the last time we all were together - was it Ashley's wedding in Feb '06? All of us were pre-kids then, and now we have 5 kids under the age of 2 1/2! Wow!

Ashley brought homemade ice cream - Lemon Lavender & Strawberry. Delicious!! I have to say I monopolized the Strawberry (like 4 helpings - my sugar cone was so soggy by the time I actually ate it!). And all of the kidlets loved having their own little cone to eat too.

We played in our backyard, enjoyed the shade, and had a fabulous time discussing life, jobs, children, what they eat & won't eat, and how wonderful and happy everyone looked. Ah, those few hours were so great. My friends rejuvenate me.

How beautiful are these two women! Jessica & Asher; Ashley & Mary-Gail
Ice Cream Cone time...
Mary-Gail is so so so slow @ eating ice cream cones - they always drip & melt everywhere. This picture shows her trying to spit out grass from her mouth - she was licking the ice cream drips off the patio! I'm sure she got more than just grass clippings in her mouth too!
More ice cream drips, this time on her knee.
ArlaMae is standing by for any drips that she can take care of
Jessica, Brian (Ashley's hubs) & Eli, & Ashley - all looking at the girl & boy twins playing
Soren & his ice cream cone. His face is saying, "Listen Lady,
you've already had 4 helpings of ice cream. This cone is mine!"
I love children and their discovery of new toys! Asher enjoyed pushing the shopping cart.
I think he gets that from his mom (Jessica) and her love of going to Wegman's :) :) :)
Jessica discussing something with Soren
And Jumping time...
We blew up the jumper (the girl's b-day present last year) and let the kids jump their little hearts out. They had a blast.
Asher was so comical on the jumper!
Asher, Rebecca, & Soren jumping!
Rebecca & Asher knocked into each other, Asher fell down and Rebecca made sure he was OK as he got up. Just shows her tender & caring heart.
Eli W. Baker - those kids are crazy!
And swinging time...
Ashley pushing Soren & Eli on the swings
And in joins Rebecca...
...And in joins Mary-Gail...
(I love Rebecca's excited face)
...And in joins Asher.
The Boy Triplets: Soren, Eli, Asher
And Signing Time...
We calmed down with "Welcome to School," a Signing Time DVD. All our kids watch Signing Time - it's great!
Mary-Gail will say, "Watch Rachel!" Or she'll say, "What time is it?"
The 5 little loves of our lives: Mary-Gail, Eli, Rebecca, Asher, & Soren

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thanks for hosting such a wonderful afternoon. The Deuce and I could have stayed all evening and all night. Your backyard was heavenly but really, your friendship and beautiful daughters were one of the HUGE highlights of our week. I wish we could have spent every afternoon in your backyard! Love you!

No Big Dill said...

THREE BEAUTIFUL MOTHERS!!!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007