Monday, June 1, 2009

Cleaning Schedule

I made a cleaning schedule in February (one of the things I was trying to do to get my life back in order). I kept trying to clean my whole house each day, and would miserably fail, which left my house still dirty/messy, and me feeling like more of a failure. Plus, I had this horrible misconception that Stay-At-Home Moms were supposed to have a sparkling clean home. Hah! So, after I made this cleaning schedule, which I surprisingly stuck to, I had a clean house by the end of the week. Well, lately I've been a slacker - ever since coming home from South Carolina - and my house is in disarray. Time to get back on track with cleaning.

Mondays: "M" is for Master Bath & Mirrors. Mondays I clean the Master Bath: sink, vanity, mirror, toilet, garden-tub (I usually only clean the tub once-a-month since it hardly gets used). I also clean all the mirrors in my house. And if you've been inside my house, you know I have a lot of mirrors. (I like mirrors...& clocks).

Tuesdays: "T" is for Tubs & Toilets. I clean Tubs & Toilets (& sinks, vanities, & mirrors) in the other two bathrooms on Tuesdays. I usually schedule my appointments & errands on Tuesdays also.

Wednesdays: "W" is for water, windows, & work-out. I water my plants on Wednesdays.. Yes, I'm one of "those" that need a reminder to water the plants. Thank goodness they're hardy little guys. I also wash the kisses & finger-smears off the windows. And Wednesdays we spend with Pappy! Wednesdays used to be my day off from work (pre-kids) and I would spend it with my Dadda. Now I pack us a lunch and bike down to his house with the girls in the bike trailer ("work-out"). We have a great couple of hours visiting w/Pappy & exploring his yard.

Thursdays: "T" is for Tubs & Toilets. I finish cleaning Tubs & Toilets (it's the tub surround that I slack on - I really don't like tile & grout).

Fridays: "F" is for Floors. I clean the floors on Fridays. I mean CLEAN the floors - scrub the tile & grout, and clean the hardwoods. Fridays are my least favorite cleaning day. However, Fridays are also Date-Night, so my day brightens at 4:30 pm, because I get to go on a date with my Lovey. Woo-hoo!

Saturdays: "S" is for SUN! We're all outside enjoying the sun. I'm mowing the front lawn & weeding, while Tony & the girls are mowing the back lawn. I like my Saturdays.

Sundays: "S" is for Stacks & Stacks of laundry. I am one of "those" that only do laundry once a week. Need something washed earlier? "Too bad," as Rebecca would say.

I also vacuum on M, W, F, & S (with W, & S vacuuming downstairs). So, there's my schedule. It's easy to remember since my chore for that day begins with that day's first letter. Any idea on adding "Kitchen" & "Office" to my cleaning schedule?

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Capital T for Turbo! Great idea! I used to do something similar before we had kids. Now I just want to die at the end of the day when I realize how much work I have to do to properly clean my house. I should adopt a similar schedule.

Amberlyn said...

Love, love, lovie, love this schedule!!! I might just have to steal it from you. Anything rhyming is fantastic for me and for my school age children!!!

Loved seeing you at the race!!! You are so fun and bubbly and sincere, and encouraging!!!

Everyone needs some Amanda in their lives!!!!

Lori said...

What a smartie you are!! My life would be easier if I would follow a plan like this! YOU INSPIRE ME. Way to go girl

Spence and Car said...

could you beee more organized! actually i love it...i'm gonna copy, brush the cat, kitty box, vacuum bathrooms with all the chores its easy to get over whelmed so breaking it down makes it more managable.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007