Saturday, June 13, 2009

Park CIty Weekend

Lovey & I are on a lover's weekend getaway to Park City. We left our sweet Kuties in the care of the Kemp's, traded the Mercedes wagon with Dad for the BMW 535i, opened the sun roof and headed North for a 3-day, 2-night stay at our favorite hotel, the Marriott.

Lovey surprised me before our trip by taking us to get a pedicure, one of my favorite treats. I tried to talk Tony into putting a clear, gloss coat on his tootsies, but he declined with a smile. No matter - I chose a bright, summer color for my tootsies: O.P.I's "Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot!" (OPI seriously has the best nail polish and the best names for the polish).

We arrived in PC and stopped at our "regular" food spot for a bite. We shared chips'n'salsa + guacamole, and I had a cup of black bean soup. We walked hand-in-hand to the Chocolate Factory for another of my favorite treats - Carmel apples. My Lovey treats me so well.

Today we slept in (until 8:30am), ate breakfast downstairs, and then toured PC & Deer Valley. There was a mountain biking competition which we watched for a while, in awe as the bikers climbed & climbed the mountain side. Lovey reminded me about the snow-shoe race I had him do with me & my family less than one month after we were married: I bailed on him after 5 minutes demanding that he "go and get the car!" That was 9 1/2 years ago and we haven't put snowshoes on since.

Park City is going GREEN
Snow...it's mid-June! That's what's left of the jumps and the half-pike

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! You deserve it.

Jessica said...

I just cashed in on my mother's day pedi in time to work my toes in NYC. I also love the OPI colors. I got a bright pink too but I can't recall the clever name.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007