Sunday, January 10, 2010

Church Christmas Party

I was able to help decorate for our Church's Christmas party again this year. The Activities Committee decided to do "Breakfast with Santa" again, so we had an early morning (9am) breakfast for the church members & our surrounding neighbors.
Last year I was on the Committee, and I confessed to the Committee Chair that I didn't really like making phone calls for assignments or doing food prep, but I really liked decorating. It worked out well b/c the Chair didn't like decorating, but did like doing the others. My decorations for this year were much more organized than last year, and decorating did not take as long (only 2 hours instead of the 4 1/2 hours last year!). I attribute that to me making an inventory of the decorations & supplies needed to decorate + pictures from last year, and having the Activities Committee help me decorate. This year the Committee tried to make the "Breakfast with Santa" more Christlike, which I really appreciated. They showed a film about Christ's birth while we ate, and after eating the Primary Children sang Christmas songs...until Santa came for a quick visit. I was happy to help out this year, and think that everyone enjoyed themselves.
When Santa arrived, they let the littlest children line up first. Mary-Gail cut in line, she was so anxious to see Santa. She kept saying (and still does) that "Santa's going to bring me a Candy Cane. And you one too!"
I snagged MG from cutting in line. She was sad to have to wait another few minutes until it was our turn.
Rebecca w/Santa
Mary-Gail, negotiating her Candy Cane quantity with Santa

2 comments:

~j. said...

You did such a great job with this.

Holly said...

Great job on the decorations. Halloween, too. It's nice when you work so well with others and both get to do the things you want to do. I'm so glad they let the little kids go first. That is smart.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007