Monday, January 11, 2010

Fruit Loop Garland, Santa Beards, and blowing bubbles

Could play-time at my house be any funner? I just wrote that so I could feel good about being a mom, as I try to engage my kidlets in interesting and new activities. JoJo brought Reese's craft tote (Reese is 5 and already has a "craft tote" - kudos to JoJo for being an awesome Mother!). JoJo brought a bag of Fruit Loops and suggested we make Fruit Loop Garland. I found some string, and the "stringing of circles" began:
Rebecca strung 5 Fruit Loops, and Mary-Gail ate 25 Fruit Loops
Just kidding Mary-Gail (about the quantity)
Reese was learning about "sequencing" in school, so she decided to string red-alternating-with-purple Fruit Loops
P.S. it was Reese's "day" to do her own hair - what do you think? Fancy, huh?
My ever-serious Rebecca concentrating on her task at hand
MG's bowl of Fruit Loops was almost devoured before she decided to put a circle on her bare garland string. MG walks to her own beat-of-the-drum and I like that!
SANTA BEARDS
We moved on to another project - Santa Beards. We picked through Reese's craft tote and found glue & paper plates. I snagged some cotton balls and viola! The creations began:

Mary-Gail decided she was going to "build a tower" and so she did
Rebecca, entirely focused on gluing those cotton balls onto Santa's Beard
Later that night we had a bubble blowing contest.
I whipped up some "Pink Chocolate Milk" (thanks to Gage who coined that term) and Rebecca passed out the straws.
Rebecca blew so many bubbles they started to pop all over the counter top!

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007