Thursday, January 28, 2010

"...and another paint nails comed off"

This is my Becca. And my Becca loves to have her nails painted. It's one of our little activities on Saturday (in preparation for Sunday), and it's something I've copied from my sister JoJo (whom I try to emulate as much as I can - because she's awesome!). Becca gets so distraught when her nails aren't painted, or when her nail polish comes off. This is what she says:

Becca: "Mommy, mommy, Look! Another paint nails comed off."
Me: "Oh, Becs, that's too bad." And I stick my bottom lip out
Becca: (with her bottom lip stuck out too, and pretending to be sulky-sad, sniffing away pretend tears) "Mom, we need to paint them. They comed off."
Me: "Why did the paint come off?
Becca: "I don't know! It just comed off."
Me: "Did your toe-nail paint come off too?"
Becca: (said matter-of-factly) "Yes, it did. We need to paint them too."

I love her little mind, and her very amuzing expressions. And with Becca & Mary-Gail, it's the little things that count; because as the song goes, "Little Things Mean A Lot." So we three girls will always have a special date on Saturdays to paint our nails. It means a lot to them, and it means a lot to me.

Oh, what a beauty!
Mary-Gail & Becca admiring their "paint nails"
Becca is so thrilled with Sally Hansen's Deep Purple Plum color
(borrowed from JoJo's nail polish collection)
Blue-eyed sister; brown-eyed sister.
Both beauties!

And the photo session is over...

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007