Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's all for you, CarCar

My baby sister, CarCar, is having babies. Carly & Spencer found out they were pregnant the first part of September (while we were in Florida), and then found out they were having twins (!) confirmed by an early ultrasound. Before Carly had her ultrasound, I insisted that I be her #2 phone call (because JoJo is always the #1 phone call). I got a text from Spencer, which included picture mail, but sadly I can't access pictures on my phone. So when I received Carly's phone call, and learned that she was prego with twins (!!) I couldn't contain my excitement for her - I had to step outside and scream and jump and scream some more while I was talking/screaming to her over the phone.

I immediately thought of everything baby/toddler that I have stored in our crawl space. There are totes full of clothes, blankets, shoes, toys, books, bottles, nursing equip, etc. All this stuff is a combination of my stuff, JoJo's hand-me-downs, & a few clothes that have lasted from Kristie too. (It's so nice having sisters!). CarCar & Spencer had gone through a few of the totes when they visited in early February '09, but I think they forgot just how much stuff there was:

CarCar found out she was having GIRLS the Thursday before her baby-shower. (Again, I was phone call #2). Medical complications kept Carly at home in Arizona, so she missed her baby shower. JoJo & I decided to go through with the plans anyways - we Skyped Carly in - and I think it turned out really nicely. And the good news was that CarCar was able to travel the following week and made with trip with Spencer. They of course loaded up their Exterra with all the GIRL totes through 6months.

CarCar is 22 weeks, and is on complete bedrest. She's been on bedrest pretty much since day 1, and these little twiners (stinkers) want to come early. Must be the stiff-neckedness in us Brown girls, eh, Car? Anyways, JoJo, & I, along with JoJo's little girl, Reese (5 yrs) are flying to see CarCar (& Spencer) the first week of February. Our plan is to get the nursery ready for Carly (like she & JoJo did for me) and spend time with our her. I can't wait!
Reese will most definitely do this to CarCar while we're visiting her - Reese LOVES Carly!
Carly inherited the double-stroller & car seats I got from my shower. Hooray!
JoJo (4-months prego with Cy) & CarCar at my baby shower whilst on bed rest

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007