Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Whew! Shy of 3 dozen made

Aprons. JoJo & I made 25 aprons for our sisters, sis-in-laws, aunts, Grandma, & friends for Christmas. Cutting & sewing these aprons occupied our entire month of December (even though Jo & I purchased the material before Thanksgiving); it's what took us away from our combined 6 littles and our husbands. And it's what Jo & I used to enlist my mom to help us finish those last 5 aprons that we added on last minute - literally last minute.
Possibly my favorite apron - the ties & backing were RED, and it looked sharp!
Wait...these are my favorite aprons
No, these are my favorite
Sorry, I meant these are my favorite
All our 25 aprons were made to be reversible (you know how much I dislike laundry) so if one side is dirty, just turn it over & you still have pockets to use! Hooray!
**Apron's not pictured: Carly's * Kim's * Ali's * Dad's * Norman's **
AND...I still have 4 little aprons for my & Jo's little girls. They are so stinkin' cute!!! We might just have to do a mini-fashion show.
Sewing again was thrilling. I love seeing material, dreaming of it (because I do), and then creating - turning that 45" X 45" fabric into something wonderful, useful, and lovely. My dream is to someday have a little nook in my house where I can have my sewing machine and supplies set up all the time, never to be taken down or put away.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Amanda, the aprons turned out SO cute!! I've seen some of those fabrics at JoAnn's and totally love them.

Sorry Sunbeams didn't go so well. It's a tough transition. They've had hardly any structure in nursery and now have to sit still for an hour and a half! That's tough for even me! Better luck next week. They'll get it soon.

Kimberly said...

LOVE LOVE the aprons! I need you to make one for me! You are right. . .they are ALL very cute and I like that it is reversable! Very smart! I hope all goes well for you in the upcoming future. We will need to stay in touch. I have loved seeing and talking with you every week.

Jessica said...

Turbo and lovely and yay for you!

Spence and Car said...

ok so you are right they are super cute, i so how much do they cost?? seriously i know several people interested and would pay top dollar for a cute hand made apron.

Kemp Kuties said...

Carly, if you're seriously about knowing someone who would want an apron, I am seriously interested in making more. I would have to charge at least $20 to cover costs, but I was hoping to charge $25/apron. Think that is too much?

Tell all your friends! I can have some made by the time Jo & I visit in Feb.

LOVES!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007