Thursday, January 28, 2010

Lovey is a High Priest

Tony was announced & sustained to the office of "High Priest" in Stake Conference on Sunday, January 17th. Lovey is going to be the teacher for the High Priest's for the 2nd & 3rd Sunday lessons. My Lovey is an amazing teacher - it's one of his many gifts. He knows the Gospel of Jesus Christ better than anyone I know. His vast knowledge & understanding of the scriptures, and his ability to explain doctrine in a easy-to-understand AND easy-to-relate-to-way is incredible. Lovey teaches by the Spirit, he studies by the Spirit, and he's guided by the Spirit. I am so jealous I'm not able to be in the High Priest's group to hear his lessons!

One year after we were married, Lovey was called to be the Gospel Principles teacher. His love for the Gospel overwhelmed me. I knew Tony had a testimony of Jesus Christ, and I knew he was well versed in the scriptures. But what I didn't know was how that Gospel Principles class would test my faith and my very feeble, flimsy testimony. My testimony was on rocky ground - I had not nurtured it for a long time. And I had a really difficult time believing the Gospel Principles. My meek & humble husband, a true steward of Jesus Christ, taught with conviction, with priesthood power, and with love. I sort of hoped to believe, and then I allowed myself to believe, until I thought I believed. Now, 10 years later, I know I believe.


Lovey, Becca, Miguel, before church
Sunday, January 24th

Heavenly Father has really blessed Tony with the ability to teach - and Tony continues to develop that gift. I know this new calling will bless Tony; and it will bless our little family too!

Lovey, Becca, Arla Mae, & "Ghost" (Becca's stuffed animal) after church
during "nap time" (Miguel is surprisingly taking a nap)
Becca is munching on a Fudge Striped cookie. mmmm

1 comment:

The Brown's said...

good for tony he will make a great teacher:)

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007