Friday, December 26, 2008

Breakfast with SANTA

Sunset 9th Ward Christmas Party
Breakfast with SANTA
Saturday, December 20th @ 9am

JoJo in line to see Santa with Mary-Gail & Reese
Seriously THE cutest mom & daughter ever!

Our ward gave out sacks with toys for the kidlets
Here are the decorations!::::::::
My Mom's SANTA welcoming everyone to our Ward's Christmas party

Our decorating crew: Isaac, Me, Lovey, Carol, Travis



Carol hanging a Christmas afgan to hang over the buffet tables
(Jack & Isaac helping)
I am Co-chair Activities Committee for our church, so I was in charge of decorating our Cultural Hall for the Christmas Party. I gathered most of our Christmas decorations, ransacked my mom's house, and Jo's house, and brought 2 car-loads of decorations to the church. I had JoJo create two holiday signs ("Happy Holidays" & "Merry Christmas") and I painted them. My bro & sis-in-laws + nephews came to the church Friday night to help decorate too, while my sweet niece, Amy, came to our house to be with the girls. We started decorating at 10 pm, and didn't finish until 2:30 Saturday morning!
Our church's Christmas Party was a "Breakfast with Santa," and the Activities Chair was in charge of the food. She got to the church at 6 am to find our Bishop already there preparing the biscuits! He's a wonderful man and a GREAT Bishop. I arrived at 7:45 am and put a few "finishing touches" on the tables. Members of our ward started arriving at 8:45 am, and we blessed the food and started eating shortly after 9 am.
JoJo was a HUGE help Saturday morning! Tony informed me Friday night that he had to work Saturday and would miss the Ward party. I was so so sad about that, but even more distraught about what to do with the girls. JoJo arrived at my house at 8am, got Becca & Miguel dressed and did their hair (she put cute ribbons & bows in their hair too!) and managed to buckle all the kids (Reese & Taylor were with JoJo) and arrive at the church before we started! She forever amazes me with her patience and natural abilities of being a Mom. My mom & Grandma came also and we had a ball. Most of the members commented on the decorations and food, so I was elated and felt I did a good job. Plus, Bishop was happy as could be and was re-assured that me and the Chair were in the right church calling. I am too; I am LOVING this calling!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Splendid decorations! Way to go! As a former activities co-chair, I commend your dedication and effort. It is a lot of work to plan, decorate, and prep for ward functions. Your ward is lucky that you are so generous with your time, talents, energy, and love.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007