Wednesday, December 10, 2008

#9

9 years ago my life, as I know it, started. Tony (who is also known as Sugar, Shuggy, Uggy, Ug, Lovey) and I married. Our ceremony was in the evening and was small - family and Tony's best friend + wife & kids. Tony's bishop, Bishop Jensen, married us in the Relief Society room in his church meeting house. My mom and sister's decorated the room w/a few Christmas trees. My mom and dad made a creamy chicken & rice dish for supper. Tony wore his suit, and I wore the RED dress I made for JoJo's prom dance when she went with Jed Chrisman (her husband now).

My sisters were so cute with me: helping me get dressed, curling my hair, actually putting my jewelry on, and JoJo let me borrow her red strapy shoes (so hot!).


I loved how I looked; loved how I felt; loved who I was marrying.

9 years later I still love how I looked (then) and am trying to get back to that shape. I still love how I felt and continue to feel. And I still love the man I married.




We were young and in love. We are still *young* and in love. We've vacationed; moved, moved, and moved again and again; bought 3 houses, sold 2; bought and sold car after car after car; discussed having a family; wishing to be near family; moving cross-country (twice); driving cross-country more times than I want to remember; being healed/saved in two major car accidents; struggling financially; debt-free (once); parents to two furry babies - Pixie on my 23rd birthday, and ArlaMae on Mother's Day in 2004; and parents to our two beautiful daughters, Rebecca & Mary-Gail, in 2006. My joy is full. My love is full. My life is full.

Happy Anniversary my Lovey...

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What a wonderful reflection. Thanks for sharing the wedding photos, I had never seen them before. You did look super *HOT*!

You have a good life and it is full of love and you always manage to share that love with everyone and it keeps growing, your capacity for love. You are beautiful.

Happy Anniversary!

Scott and Jillian said...

Congrats! That's at least 3 times as long as a Hollywood marriage would last! Sounds like you guys are doing great.

Spence and Car said...

i can honestly saw i have never seen pictures of your wedding! ( i know you didn't want to hear that too) where did you find those...and amandad lets be honest you look just as good then as you do now, actually better, you have more life in you! congrats! i still remember you guys dating and how fun it was to watch you two fall in love, thanks for letting us be a part of your marriage and wonderful lives. love you!!

KESLER KREW...Cami said...

wow 9 years...amazing...i luv the old pics...you are still young and that red dress is killer! glad you had a fun getaway to p-city! luv cami

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007