Monday, November 10, 2008

34 gallons for $85

We filled up the suburban today (something we haven't done in a loooong time). Gas at Sam's Club was $2.22/gal. Tony & I felt like we were stealing!

While I waited in the car with the girls, Rebecca kept saying, "Kite. Kite. Kite" I could not for the life of me see any kites - today was a very dreary, rainy, dark day (my favorite kind of day) and anyone flying a kite would be an idiot in my book. But Rebecca's chant continued until it dawned on me where she thought she saw a kite: the Sam's Club sign....

The logo looks like a kite. Mary-Gail started to chime in too once I pointed out the sign to her, and then they both shocked me. Are you ready for this? They said, "Blue." Oh my gosh - where is my voice recorder??? I remarked, "That's right. The color is Blue." Rebecca continued, "S. Right there. S," as she pointed to the sign. I encouraged her and Mary-Gail, "What other letters do you see?" So cute how Mary-Gail responded," D E G H." OK, very cute. Mary-Gail thought I was referring to the letter "C." So I clarified, "Are there any other letters on the kite?" Rebecca said, "M." Holy cow!

I love pointing things out to the girls. Each day, each activity, each drive I try to engage them in their surroundings and have them tell me what they see. Now they are pointing things out to me!

2 comments:

The Chrismans said...

Seriously! If course the girls say kite...and every other word. Poor Cy. He'll catch up to the girls' vocabulary by the time he's 4, right??

Jessica said...

Again with the geniuses! Love em. We paid $1.97 for gas in the country and I could NOT recall the last time we paid sub $2 for gas. It was awesome.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007