Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Pretty flower

Mary-Gail got super excited this morning when we stopped to let the girls (doggies) go potty. She always gets excited about this house as we pass it on our morning walk, and this time I stopped to see what she was squealing about.

It was a dandelion.

Mary-Gail's excitement for this dandelion made me realize that it's a beautiful, little, yellow flower. I picked the "flower" and gave it to her - she promptly pulled it apart - and promised myself that I will slow my pace to notice the beauties that Mary-Gail notices. I like looking through my girls' rose-colored glasses; their excitement, curiosity, and innocence makes me happy. (And I will still take a closer look at dandelions....as I uproot them from my yard).

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey Amanda--Jamie got the rash guards on sale at Babies R Us for about $5! Tel JoJo to look there. Mary-Gail is the cutest.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007