Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Just keep adding it on

Mary-Gail still has her fever. She's miserable and her throat hurts from having Strep Throat. Rebecca spiked a fever yesterday afternoon and so now she's on antibiotic for Strep too. (Strep is extremely contagious through saliva and seeing how the girls share everything, it was really only a matter of time before Rebecca contracted Strep too). I just dropped ArlaMae off at the Vet's office to have her bottom left eye-tooth pulled - here's the story on that...

I was on our morning walk w/both sets of girls and stopped in front of my sis-in-law, Carol's house, to talk with my nephew. Isaac played with the furry girls, while Rebecca & Mary-Gail were screaming in excitement over seeing the Kemp's cat. Amy came outside, picked up the cat, and brought it closer to Rebecca & Mary-Gail to see. Now, althought I call Pixie & ArlaMae my girls, they are, in fact dogs, and do what dogs do when they encounter a cat - they want to eat it! Arla and Pixie ran to Amy, meanwhile tangling their leash cord across Mary-Gail's neck. Mary-Gail started to cry, the cat hissed and swiped at Arla (who got cut on her chin from the cat's claws). I yanked Arla back from Amy and Mary-Gail, which caused Arla hit her mouth on the curb, which caused her bottom tooth to chip (actually it split down the middle so the front of her tooth chipped off exposing her nerve), which caused me to be so extremely sad (and so extremely frustrated with Amy to do such a stupid thing like bring a cat close to dogs), which caused our walk to be over, which caused Rebecca & Mary-Gail to scream, which caused me even more sadness because I know how much they love being outside...

I'm just going to say it - I feel like a failure. I can't relieve Mary-Gail & Rebecca's sickness, I can't help Arla - instead I take her to a dreaded, foreign place, all alone, to be sedated and have her tooth yanked out - I can't keep my house clean, I can't figure out what to have for supper, I can't find time to exercise, I'm not a good mom. This is really, really, really hard. Really hard.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Amanda! You ARE a good mom. You are fighting strep and caring for two sets of 'girls' and trying to protect everyone and keep everyone happy and fed and guess what? You are doing all of that.

Of course, I can sympathize in other ways because in so many ways I feel like a failure too. I have to work and spend most of my life away from my baby babes. I can't keep my bathroom clean and I can't kick my sugar addiction. I hate it.

The Brown's said...

I am so sorry!!! I know that feeling of being a complete failure. YOu are trying your best and that is good enough. All you need to worry about is holding and comforting your babies everythng else can take a back seat for now. Keep your head up. LOVE YOU!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007