Monday, July 21, 2008

My little sunbeam

I've often said that Rebecca is my little mimicker. She mimics your words and tries to copy the tone in your voice also. Just the other day I said, "Geez girls!" with a furrowed brow and some frustration in my voice. And what do you know? Rebecca is saying, "Geez, gurls," although she is much cuter than I am with a furrowed brow.

Daily she picks up new words, and I am stunned by her memory and excitement as she speaks. She gets even more excited when we repeat the words she's said and confirm that we heard her. Her newest word is “rainbow.” And she loves the sign for “sun” (draw a circle with your finger (for the sun) and then expand all your fingers downward to show the sun's rays). We say “sun” and she says “beam.” This is especially cute when we sing, "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam," with Rebecca saying every "beam" in the song.

1 comment:

The Brown's said...

That is so stinkin cute!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007