Monday, July 7, 2008

Me

So, I had a birthday this past Saturday, July 5th. Yup, that was me you heard crying. Not because I'm older (birthdays are no big deal to me) but because I forgot to fill an Rx I needed so my emotions were all over the place. Luckily, my husband still loves me - whew! And I'm happy to have wonderful friends (my sweet Jessica had a blog post all about me!) and a wonderful family who, bless their hearts, still love me too.
I went through my old photo album looking through the many pictures laughing, crying, wishing I still had that body (and wondering why I didn't like it at the time), and rejoicing in overcoming some hard times. These are some of those times.
And a big shout-out to all those who dared talk to me, or visit me, or call me - Thank you for being patient with this 5 yr old (I mean 31 yr old).
Amanda Ruth Brown
(picture says 6 months)

I was a cute kid

Playing with my best friend and sister, JoJo.
(That's a purse on my head)
My 8th birthday - celebrated shortly after I was baptized
I know exactly what I was thinking when this
picture was snapped
A hotel room in Cape Cod w/my BFF Jessica on our
long journey (short stay) to Nantucket, MA
May 1998
My 20th birthday w/Carly & my mom @
Los Hermanos, Downtown, Provo, UT
I was in shape once
5-mile run in Moab, UT
March 2000
Me and my Lovey at Timpanogos Cave in 2000

3 comments:

Jen and Dakota said...

Amanda,
Happy birthday.. just a few days late. I hope that you had a good time despite those emotions. But believe me I know what you are talking about. Hope things are good! We miss you guys. Talk to you soon.
Jen

Jessica said...

We definitely would have been bff's as babies. Thanks for such fun photos! You were born adorable and your beauty has grown exponentially since then. What a fun memory of that sketchy sketchville motel in MA! We have shared so many adventures and now we have the greatest adventure of mothering multiples. Thanks for being my best friend and always knowing how to love me and send comfort and cheer my way.

The Baker's Goods said...

Bappy Hirthday, AMANDA!
Loved seeing those pictures of you! I'm so glad you've moved back to Provo. I love running into you and your sisters around town. You are my fairy godmother bearing gifts and enthusiasm! Love ya, ASH

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007