Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mortalitiy

How quickly things change. That's what we all experienced yesterday. I had plans to take the girls with me to visit with Mom & Grandpa Gourley at noon. But that was before Carly called me a 6:45 am.

Carly: Amanda, did mom call you yet?
Me: No, what's wrong?
Carly: Grandpa died this morning...
Me: What?! What?! What happened?!

Carly picked me up and we were at Grandma & Grandpa's house by 7:10 am. We were there to support my mom.

The viewing is Monday night. The funeral and internment is Tuesday.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Ahh, Amanda. I'm sorry for the passing of your grandpa. I hope that in the celebration of his life and the sharing and favorite memories that you can succor your mom. You are in my prayers. Love you.

Jen and Dakota said...

I am so sorr to hear about your grandpa. you and your family are in our prayers. Take comfort in the plan of our heavenly father, you will see him again. Put your trust in him and he will give you the strenght you need at this time.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007