Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My blue-eyed beauty wanting a "taste?"

This was Mary-Gail yesterday while I was on the computer. She casually waltzed into the kitchen carrying her woobie (she calls it a "tick - ah!" with an emphasis on the "ah!") and passed some time pushing the buttons on the shredder - it's unplugged. I watched her in my peripheral vision, snapping some pictures as I did. I could tell Mary-Gail had an agenda and was waiting for the perfect time to address it.

Look at my baby blue.

(I like dressing her in blue; it makes her eyes more electric )

She walked to the pantry, slithered her tiny fingers inside the door frame, and swung the door open. She was reaching for the over-sized bag of dog food when she looked at me and said, "no, no." That's right. No, no. She smiled, pleased with herself, and mused over the other bags of goodies.

I returned to my work on the computer when I heard her feet thumping towards me with a "crinkle, crinkle, crinkle" sound. Mary-Gail hands me the bag of Cheetos and says, "Taste?"

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Cheetos--that's my girl! How did Asher and Mary-Gail get the same color of eyes?

Kemp Kuties said...

Asher's beautiful blues are so clear they almost burn a hole in our computer screen! I seriously have no idea how Mary-Gail got blue eyes - all of us sisters (Kris, Jo, Car, & Me) have GREEN eyes. Only my mom has blue eyes. And all the grandchildren have blue eyes - except Preston, Georgia, & Rebecca, who all have brown eyes. I thought blue eyes were a recessive gene. Guess not.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007