Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fun times in our "new" playhouse

Pixie & Arla were sniffing near the side fence, pulling me along with them, and that's when I saw it - this playhouse in my neighbor's back yard. We pass my neighbor's house daily on our morning walk, and stop in her front yard to collect snails & rolie-polies, but I had never noticed her playhouse before. Truth be told, I had been looking for one for months, and even "bought" one off of KSL.com. But, the seller called me back & said someone else called him about the playhouse and was offering him more money, and he was going to take that offer. Bummer.

So when I saw this playhouse, I decided to ask my neighbor if she was selling it. Turns out, she was going to put it up in her yard sale the following day!!! I screamed, and jumped up & down, and hugged her - all before telling her I wanted to buy it. We're so lucky!

Rebecca has perfected the "knock-and-run"
...and "breaking in through the window"
Rebecca drags Mary-Gail around by her shirt, and
Mary-Gail loves it!
Mary-Gail tries to run away, but Rebecca catches her anyways
More finds:
Picnic table & climbing gym were finds from KSL.com
Was thinking about selling her on KSL.com when she kept peeing in my house
(issue has been resolved...she's a keeper!)
Can you hear their laughter?

5 comments:

Spence and Car said...

yeah! i came home from work and purposely rechecked the blog world hoping you had an update for me! and yeah yeah you do!!! i love the house you have been looking for one for what a year now!! so glad that your neighbor was selling and you were the early bird special! love seeing the girls play together..iknow thats how we girls were growing up and it is so fun that they will always have each other...just like us:) love and miss you tons

Jessica said...

You are the queen of sweet deals! Your girls are so lucky. I miss you and your back yard!

Ann said...

I LOVE the house! Your back yard looks so fun, even I want to come play. Although I'll try to refrain from crawling in through the window or cragging people by their shirts (or peeing in the house for that matter). Your girls look like they are having the time of their lives.

Ann said...

Sorry, I meant to say "dragging". Wow, my brain is really struggling!

Kimberly said...

Looks like fun! I need to look more on KSL. . .I have only bought 1 thing, a dresser for Whitney's room. That should keep your girls busy for a long time!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007