Sunday, September 27, 2009

Orlando Temple + 2 hours wait at the Airport! Sat, Sept 19th

Families are Forever - The Orlando Temple



**********************************************************************************

Because the Orlando International Airport is so busy (due to all the vacationers) we were advised to check-in at least 2 hours before our flight departure time. We were also told that the security check point took about 30-45 minutes. That being said we planned on leaving for the airport around 1:30 pm for our 4:45 pm flight.

The security check point didn't take 45 minutes (thank heavens!) because Jo & I were so organized & efficient, and were hustling all the children & carry-ons through. However, I packed my Cinderella Castle Music Globe in my carry-on, and the globe had more than 4 oz of water in it, so security wouldn't let us carry it on. Poor Tony had to take the carry-on suitcase all the way back to the ticket counter and pay $15.00 to check it! And then he had to re-enter the security line to go through security all over again. Poor Tony - I felt so awful since I purposefully packed the globe in my carry-on (I didn't think about the 4 oz liquid limit). I just didn't want it to get broken if I put it in our checked bags. Poor Tony.

Killing time @ the Kennedy Space Center airport store
Get ready to be strapped down for 4 1/2 hours kiddos!


Thank heavens for portable DVD players!
Lovey purchased one for us the day we left for Florida.
align="center">Neither he nor I wanted a repeat of our flight home from Charleston!


Cy-Cy joined the girls to watch NEMO & have some treats

And this was how my flight home was...

MG & Rebecca slept for most of the 4 1/2 hour flight home
(MG zonked out about 45 minutes after take off, and I aroused her about 30 minutes before landing)

Our flight home was great: MG & Becca slept, Mom & Lovey relaxed, & I watched the in-flight movie, "Grey Gardens." I felt guilty having such a great flight home, because poor JoJo's flight home was less than desirable: Gage's ear hurt terribly (Jo's pediatrician confirmed Gage had "swimmers ear" + an ear infection); Taylor was wrestless; Cy didn't want anyone to touch JoJo (or for JoJo to touch anyone else); and Reese was in need of some attention. I'm just glad our flight was non-stop.

However, when we arrived in at the baggage claim, I had deja vu of our flight home from Charleston, speaking mainly about the luggage and car seats. With Cy & Taylor strapped in their double-stroller, JoJo hooked three carry-on suitcases to the back of the stroller, strapped on her laptop bag (with two laptops in it) across her chest, and carried Taylor's car seat in her "free" hand. She had Reese & Gage pull their own carry-on suitcases to the door. Meanwhile, I strapped on two backpacks, put Becca & Miguel's backpacks on top of their double-stroller, pulled one carry-on suitcase & carried two car seats. Don't ask me how Jo & I maneuvered the strollers. And where were the "men"? Oh, they were waiting for the checked bags. I'm so glad that Jo & I are strong and can manage 6 kids and a butt-load of luggage + car seats. We're happy to be home!

2 comments:

Spence and Car said...

love love love all the pics! i have to say the character people kinda freaked me out they look too real!! super fun stuff!

noy9ers said...

What no picture of the stroller caravan??!!! Like you had any extra hands to do that with anyway. I am so glad your whole trip was good this time.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007