Thursday, September 3, 2009

The demands of 2 one-year olds (Draft dated: 3/26/08)

I'm struggling under the demands of my 2 very beautiful, very intelligent, very happy, and very, very different one-year old twin girls. Rebecca has had a difficult couple of weeks (hospitalized; endured too many tests, x-rays, and suctions; and now trying to adjust to that awful nasal cannula). Gratefully, I was able to stay with Rebecca every minute of her hospital stay, and because of that (and the nightmare of deja vu), she's grown a tight attachment to me. Rebecca has enjoyed having my constant and undivided attention, and isn't liking the fact that she has a sister whom she has to share me with.

Tony & Aunt Carol (+family) doted on Mary-Gail during my absence. Mary-Gail was the only focus of their attention, and she loved every minute of it. Since Rebecca has come home, and our family has been put back together, Mary-Gail has been teasing Rebecca: pulling at Rebecca's oxygen, sitting on her oxygen tubing, stealing her toys, "racing" in front of Rebecca when Rebecca crawls towards me, and Mary-Gail even edges Rebecca out of my lap when we're reading books. Both girls have grown accustom to being the only child...

1 comment:

Spence and Car said...

its so crazy to see how much they have changed...yet they haven't really changed they still are those cute little babies just taller and wilder!
ps love becca's sweater...and yes you are/were/will be the bravest mother i have ever known, you have been through so much with your girls yet you never bat and eye! your so many peoples silent hero amanda.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007