Saturday, April 5, 2008

What's up???

Am I jinxed? I mean, really. Hasn't my little family had its share of doctor visits, hospital stays, sleepless nights of worry and helplessness? I'm pretty sure Tony & I have spent Rebecca & Mary-Gail's college education...

I took ArlaMae into see the Vet again. Her bottom was red. No, it was raw - raw skin and the backs of her hind legs had turned yellow and had begun to blister. I called the Vet and explained Arla's symptoms, and he said to come in right away. Dr. Nelson took a look at Arla's bottom and "private parts," and said her infection had spread. He ordered an antibiotic, a cleansing wash similar to what he uses when he cleans before surgery, and he ordered ArlaMae to use diapers to help prevent her from trying to scratch her bottom on the carpet/rugs.

Poor, poor, poor ArlaMae. She IS miserable.

1 comment:

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

Poor Arla Mae! It is so hard when dog-babies are unhappy, and that sounds down right awful--I've never had a problem like that from our groomer. Here's hoping for a quickly repaired bum! :)
Heidi from UVMOM

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007