Friday, April 4, 2008

4 hours waiting

Today I spent 4 hours waiting in doctor's offices. This morning I took ArlaMae into the vet's office after she had an awful experience at the groomers yesterday. Tony & I get Pixie & ArlaMae shaved for the summer, and yesterday was their 1st shave. ArlaMae's shave was too close on her bottom and she had really bad razor burn which was exasserbated with her rubbing her bottom on EVERYTHING! We waited, saw the tech, waited, saw the doctor, waited, saw the groomer who shaved Arla, waited, saw the doctor again, waited, got some medicine, waited, scheduled a follow-up appointment, waited, received a reminder card and FINALLY left!


Poor little ArlaMae. She has been miserable.


Then, this afternoon, I took Rebecca in to see our pediatrician. She has had another fever that wasn't/isn't decreasing and I suspected an ear infection. As soon as Rebecca saw the MA, she started to cry. "Oh no - not again!" was what she was probably thinking. No ear infection.


Poor little Rebecca. She has been miserable.


But, we were able to DC the oxygen since Rebecca's O2 saturations were consecutively high and stable in the mid-90's. So, come and take away the giant oxygen tank, the mini-generator concentrator, the 5 portable oxygen tanks and the 50 foot oxygen tubing. Hooray! We're tubes free again.

3 comments:

The Brown's said...

What was wrong? I hope shes ok!

Kemp Kuties said...

arla's razor burn from the groomer turned into a massive infection all over her bottom area. She's doing much better now, although she HATES me b/c I'm making her wear her diapers. She's embarrassed and runs to Tony whenever she sees me.

Poor pittiful Arla

Jessica said...

What a mess! Poor pups. I hate that groomer, sheesh. I hope this week is a good one and that next week is even better.

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007