Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mailed off Christmas

We mailed off the last of our Christmas presents to family and friends today. I hope it was the last - I keep finding things that I had purchased and thrown in various closets. I don't know why I do that - perhaps because it's so exciting to "find" them again, kind of like finding my own presents...

What we're doing on Christmas Day:
making breakfast together! My favorite breakfast entree - French Toast w/butter spread and maple syrup
& "fingers" (hash browns)
grits & cheese (for Tony, Pixie, and ArlaMae)
Stephen's hot chocolate
& orange juice (concentrate rather than orange juice in jugs - I like controlling the tartness reducing the amount of water I add)
fruit platter of red grapes, apple slices, bananas, and blackberries (I saw some at Sam's that looked delicious!)

opening presents with the girls. Playing with the wrapping paper instead of the presents.

Walking 4 houses down the street to Jack & Carol's and lounging around with them and the kids.

Getting dressed up to go to my Grandma Gourley's house for Christmas lunch/dinner at 2:00 pm!

3 comments:

Kellie Knapp said...

Good plan!! Your breakfast sounds YUMMY....

The Brown's said...

Sounds like its going to be a great day. See you at Grandma Gourleys!!!

Jessica said...

Oooh, I love Christmas food plans. I made egg nog french toast the other day--deelish. Remember when Brandie ate his cereal with eggnog? I love Stephens hot chocolate and have nearly consumed all that my sister brought with her in October. I am going to make orange rolls and try a baked french toast. Happy Eating!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007