Sunday, December 23, 2007

Church and "weeds" are good

Since the fall season began, Sundays have played out with me staying home with the girls, Tony leaving early for Bishopric meetings, then coming home after Sacrament meeting to take-over allowing me to go to Primary to teach my class. We do this mainly because of RSV season and the girls are still susceptible. However, it's been nice to make sure they get their nap in also (nap time is from 11a-1p). Today was different though. It being the Sunday before Christmas, and wanting to go to church as a complete family, I decided to pack all the hand sanitizer we had (he he he) and get us all ready for church.

I dressed the girls in the dresses we wore for our Christmas picture. I almost couldn't button up the top button of their dresses because they'd nearly outgrown them. I started putting their shoes on, and their feet didn't fit. Can you believe that??? In just 2 short weeks, we're no longer in size 1 shoes. Crazy how these girls are growing! Growing like weeds I tell you.

Sacrament meeting was wonderful. I love singing the hymns and sitting next to my Lovey and sharing the pew with Carol and the kids. (Jack is on the stand with the Bishopric). Of course Carol had Mary-Gail and Mary-Gail took her bottle and slept during the Sacrament program (Mary-Gail takes nap time as seriously as I do). But BeccaBoo just played with Jacob and me. She makes the funniest faces and mimics everything you do. Plus, the family behind us was telling her how cute she was, and of course BeccaBoo was eating it all up and rewarding the family for those complements with lots of smiles.

BeccaBoo didn't nap, but it was good to be at church together and sing praises to our Lord and King, Jesus Christ. Next Sunday we'll all be at church again - my nephew, Jacob, is having his missionary farewell. He's going to Russia on his 2-year mission. (Forgive me - I can't pronounce the Russian city he's going to...there are only 2 vowels and 13 consonants! Good luck learning the language, Jake!)

So, what lessons were re-inforced today? That Church and "weeds" are good.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yesterday we stayed all three hours at church...a first for us. I'm so excited you were able to take your baby babes and enjoy sacrament meeting as a family. I always worry that the boys will be mauled but we keep a pretty tight reign on them. Congrats also on your weeds!

Jessica said...

I miss you! I guess Christmas has kept you busy. I can't wait for more posts. xoxoxo

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007