Thursday, December 20, 2007

Goodbye to Annie

We said Good-Bye to Annie Miller, our Occupational Therapist, on Monday, 12/17. Annie has been coming to our home every month since August to work with Mary-Gail and Rebecca. Last month Annie said we didn't need her help anymore - that Rebecca & Mary-Gail were doing well without her. Tony warned me that "Annie would kick me to the curb," but I kept thinking that wasn't going to happen. However, Monday came, and Tony was right - Annie said we were done. I fell on the stairs in a dramatic fashion (Annie wasn't buying it) - and told Annie that even though Rebecca & Mary-Gail were doing well, I wouldn't be w/out her. I guess I needed Annie more than the girls did.

Annie sees a lot of families with PEEP (Provo Early Education Program) and even more families in the NICU. That's were we first met Annie - she was with us in the NICU. She teaches a wonderful class for Moms/Dads/caregivers for the preemie babies. I attended the class 3 times because it was amazingly insightful. Not only is Annie an OT, but she's also a Lactation Consultant and helped me when we were breastfeeding. She calmed me when the girls would tire out (so very frustrating), and gave me encouragement with Mary-Gail's prognosis. My little Mary-Gail is an amazement to us and to others that see/experience babies with brain bleeds. Mary-Gail amazed Annie.

Here are some pics of Mary-Gail and Annie. These were from our November visit when the girls presented their birthday presents to Annie.
Mary-Gail is so inquisitive. She crawled over to Annie to see what she was doing, then climbed on top of the two moblies we'd given her, then climbed on top of Annie...good thing Annie pulled out the Gerber puffs, otherwise, Mary-Gail would have climbed on top of Annie's shoulders :)

1 comment:

The Brown's said...

I bet it was so hard to see Annie go but what a great milestone for the girls. It just goes to show that you are doing a great job!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007