Monday, August 27, 2007

9 months old today!

I had to create a separate entry to document this huge milestone! Rebecca & Mary-Gail will be 9 months today at 5:47 pm and 5:53 pm respectfully. My doctor's Dr. C Joseph Glenn, and Dr. George C Gourley (my uncle) had a hard time "finding" Mary-Gail. Her position was high under my ribs and when they opened her placenta, they said she kind of squirmed higher. Dr Glenn got hold of her leg and pulled her out - poor baby. She was all sorts of bruised, but Dr. Glenn knew what he was doing: even one ounce of pressure on a 27 week preemie's head and she would have brain damage.

Some of my favorite and memorable pictures:


Rebecca (left) & Mary-Gail (right).

Born @ 27 wks 3/7 days (3 months + 1 week early).

Mary-Gail has the nasal canula for oxygen and in most pictures is on the Left.

The above 2 pictures were on our Christmas Card for 2006

Wondering why my babies have a Cherry Coke bottle between them? Well, 1st: I lived on Diet Cherry Coke and Chocolate milk while I was prego and on bed rest. 2nd: The Coke bottle gives you some perspective on my babies size. 3rd: We're hoping to strike a deal with Coca-Cola :)
Mary-Gail is smiling - she had such a hard time (heart surgery + bilateral grade 3 brain hemorrage) and she still smiles!
Diapers don't even fit! P.S. the red plaid bows in their hair - measure 1 1/2 inches long.

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007