Thursday, August 2, 2007

Humidity!! Thank heavens for humidity.

Humidity!! Thank heavens for humidity. The girls and pups and I went for our morning walk at 7:30 am and I was so grateful that the air was moist. It has been so dry here and with all the fires we've had the air is yucky. Humidity. It reminded me of Charleston, SC. Tony and I miss it there. We would go for a walk nightly and take the girls (Pixie and ArlaMae) and walk around the Danny Jones track - less than a mile from our house. We usually did 2 laps, but depending on my day at Blackbaud we might go for 4 or 5 laps. ArlaMae loved that track!!! She would race ahead of me and Tony, while Pixie just meandered along. The only time Pixie ran was when ArlaMae tinkled - Pixie had to christen it so she would run up to ArlaMae. Sometimes Pixie was so impatient she would actually tinkle on ArlaMae! Arla would run ahead of us, and then run back, and then run ahead of us. She knew the words "track" and "bye-bye". To this day she will still race to the front door when you say "bye-bye." If you're not right behind her getting her leash and harness ready, she'll cry and start talking to you. Pixie gets excited too, but gets mad at ArlaMae for being impatient. So funny to watch them.

My mind wanders. Humidity. My skin would glow and my hair was so...dare I say radiant. I love being home in Utah, but the dry air and dry weather is a bummer. Mary-Gail and Rebecca like to go for walks also, although Mary-Gail tries to thrust herself out of her car seat. Gotta watch that little girl.

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007