Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fun at the movies

Mom and I took Rebecca and Mary-Gail to the movies yesterday. That's right - the movies! Tony was at his IDPA shooting competition all day and I didn't want to sit home alone. So, mom and I decided it was time to see a movie at the Provo Towne Center. We packed up Rebecca and Mary-Gail and stuffed their diaper bag with milk and toys and headed to the 12:55 pm matinee show. We grabbed a bite to eat at Subway in the Food Court and ventured to the theatre to see HAIRSPRAY!!!

Oh my gosh was it so so good! Honestly I was worried that we'd have to take the girls out or stand in the entryway and hold them, or worse - that Rebecca would try to "sing" with the movie (more like scream) - but they were super good and watched the whole movie! (Rebecca dozed for about 45 minutes, but that was it).

By the time the show ended, mom and I were dancing in our seats and so were Rebecca and Mary-Gail. Mary-Gail was kicking her legs and pumping her arms in my lap, and Rebecca was bouncing in mom's arms. So funny! I really think they liked the music and the fun colors. If we tried to take them to any other movie, I don't think they would have lasted. What a fun afternoon!

We then picked up Lovey and went to super at Joe Vera's Mexican Restaurant and then headed to Jo's house. We put out the kiddy pool and put on the girl's swimsuits for a quick dip - the hose water was cold! Yesterday was a great day - thanks mom and Jo!

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007