Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Kemp Kuties are used in education training!


I totally forgot to post this!!! Our Occupational Therapist, Annie Miller, wanted to use our girls to help other parents in the NICU understand "how" to do tummy-time with their preemies. Annie came over on Monday, 8/6 for our monthly visit and saw Rebecca & Mary-Gail on their tummy-time mat in front of our huge mirror and needed a picture of them. I was so overwhelmed - only because I needed to hear that I was doing something right. This week has been so difficult for me for some reason, and hearing Annie say that my girls were the poster children for tummy-time was, well, a lifesaver.
Rebecca & Mary-Gail love to look at themselves in the mirror. In fact, if I can't calm them down, we find a mirror (not too hard to do in our house) and smile, and tilt our heads, and talk, and touch our faces in the mirror. Rebecca knows it's her image she's seeing. Mary-Gail just likes to see herself next to me...I think. They are truely the most amazing little miracles ever.

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007