Friday, August 17, 2007

A New level of Tiredness

Do I look tired here? This picture was taken in late February when the girls came home from the hospital and I thought I was tired then. I am two hundred times more tired now. Here's why...my baby sister Carly (and yes, I still call her my "baby sister") will be married on Saturday, 8/18/07. Joanna and I threw her a bridal shower the previous Saturday, 8/11/07. And on Wednesday, 8/15, I decided I was going to sew my littles their dresses for Carly's reception. 3 days to finish 2 dresses...piece of cake!

Their dresses are beautiful!
  • Chocolate Shantung material
  • Double-faced front & back
  • All seams finished - french seams or hand sewn in facing - something I've started to do since I don't have a serger (hint, hint)
  • Skirt is heavily gathered on empire waist enhanced with a thick band sewn in on side seams
  • Cute snow-cap sleeves are double-faced
  • A large contrast bow attaches to the front of the dress
  • 9" inch zipper - which gave me so much trouble - is perfect!

The pattern is from New Look and was perfect for my babies. I normally like to alter patterns to give them some uniqueness, but I just didn't have time this time. JoJo bought 2 flower clips that I might use instead of the contrast bow. It will save me time and I can use the flowers for my hair afterwards.

1 comment:

The Chrismans said...

I love, love your blog! Where do you find the time! You are super-mom, super-wife & super-sister! You are great! I love peeking into your secret web-life. Keep up the posts...Gage likes seeing the girls pictures. P.S. I didn't realize it before but Rebecca's eye stayed as dark as they were when she was born. Love you lots, sis!

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007