Thursday, August 9, 2007

Secrets of the Baby Whisperer


So I've started to re-read one of the books my best friend (and sister) Joanna leant me while we were on best rest. It's called "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer." Rebecca and Mary-Gail are 5 months old adjusted (8 months gestation) and they have been totally off schedule, not eating (Rebecca) and not napping. The past few weeks have been really trying with this week being the climax. I'm hoping I can re-focus and understand what my girls are doing and saying. They're becoming much more active and get bored more quickly. Thus, I've been taking them with me on more of my errands - partly to just get out the house, and partly because I need a break from them.

Anyways, I'm to the section where the author talks about S.L.O.W. (acronym for Stop. Listen. Observe. What next). I'm hoping this will help me understand the girls' new language (screaming) and read their new cues (smacking me with their hands - Rebecca is the only one doing this).

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007