Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Who's your FedEx Man?

Here's mine:

Lovey was making deliveries in JoJo's neighborhood on Saturday (mandatory work day with Christmas right around the corner), saw my car in her driveway, and stopped by for a surprise visit and a must needed break. Becca & Mary-Gail were happy to see him, as was I. I don't think they "get" what Lovey does, but I sure do: jumping in and out of trucks all day long, chasing the clock to deliver on time, dealing with idiot drivers and traffic, driving trucks in the summer w/no A/C - it's a brutal, very physical job, and Lovey's been working for FedEx (on and off) for over 20 years.

Lovey told us a funny story about a house he delivered to. I poured Lovey a large glass of Diet Coke, which I bought earlier (JoJo's house is a "BYOS" house {bring your own soda}). After Lovey finished his drink, he said no longer felt like "Driving Miss Daisy." Instead he felt like "Top Gun." Go get 'em Ace.




Lovey's break was over so he trudged back through the snow to his truck.

This week is crazy busy for FedEx (obviously). And even though Lovey is phyiscially tried after a long day of jumping in and out of his truck (today it was 14 hours!), he comes home with a smile on his face musters up energy to help me with the bedtime routine for Becca & Mary-Gail.

I love my FedEx Man.

No comments:

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier

Kemp Kuties on the Charleston Pier
September 2007